Latest news from NFL.com for Washington Redskins
- Jay Gruden: Josh Norman can’t be any more targeted
Redskins coach Jay Gruden said star cornerback Josh Norman’s mouth can’t earn him more ire from referees because, “He can’t be any more targeted than he was (Sunday), that’s for sure.”
- Norman blasts official after five-penalty afternoon
Redskins CB Josh Norman went on a tirade against field judge Brad Freeman after the team’s Week 8 game where he was called for five penalties against the Bengals.
- Redskins official shuts down German reporter
Dustin Hopkins’ late miss was a crushing setback for the kicker, but that didn’t stop an intrepid German sideline reporter from grabbing him as he walked off the field.
- Redskins-Bengals London duel ends in 27-27 tie
For the first time in NFL history, an International Series game went to OT. And for the first time since 1997, we’ve had two ties in a single NFL season. Here’s what we learned in the Redskins-Bengals tilt.
- Redskins’ Reed, Norman cleared to travel to London
Jordan Reed and Josh Norman will make the trip to London. Coach Jay Gruden told reporters Thursday that both star players, dealing with concussions, were cleared for travel.
- Josh Norman, Jordan Reed practicing for Redskins
Josh Norman and Jordan Reed remain in concussion protocol, but both players practiced for the Redskins on Wednesday. Will they play against the Bengals on Sunday?
- Josh Doctson placed on IR; Jordan Reed out Sunday
The Washington Redskins have placed first-round pick wide receiver Josh Doctson on injured reserve, coach Jay Gruden announced. In addition, tight end Jordan Reed will not play on Sunday.
- Ricky Jean Francois: Redskins ‘run the damn East’
The Redskins won their fourth straight game Sunday. Defensive linemen Ricky Jean Francois and Chris Baker wanted to remind everyone who won the NFC East last season.
- Kirk Cousins, Redskins drop hammer on Wentz, Eagles
The Washington Redskins lean on a ferocious pass rush and the passing exploits of Kirk Cousins to hammer the Philadelphia Eagles for a 27-20 victory Sunday.
- Redskins rule Reed, Cravens out with concussions
Kirk Cousins will be down a target in an important NFC East battle Sunday. Redskins tight end Jordan Reed (concussion) has been downgraded to out against the Eagles in Week 6.
- Redskins TE Jordan Reed evaluated for concussion
Redskins’ Jordan Reed is being evaluated for a concussion after experiencing symptoms during Tuesday’s workout, the team announced. Will he play against the Eagles on Sunday?
- Tom Brady, David Johnson highlight Players of Week
In his first start of the season, Tom Brady threw for 406 yards and three scores. His performance was enough to earn the Patriots quarterback AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors.
- Injuries: Steve Smith hurts ankle in Ravens’ loss
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Steve Smith exited Sunday’s game after suffering an ankle injury. Smith will not return to the game. Plus, other injuries we’re monitoring Week 5.