Latest news from NFL.com for Tennessee Titans
- McCoy: Mariota’s the guy you want leading your team San Diego Chargers coach Mike McCoy had some pretty nice words to say about Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota ahead of Sunday’s matchup.
- Mularkey plans to get Derrick Henry more involved DeMarco Murray was limited with a toe injury in Wednesday’s practice. Does that mean Titans rookie Derrick Henry is in line for a bigger role on Sunday? Here’s what Mike Mularkey had to say.
- Mularkey praises ‘one-two punch’ of Murray, Henry DeMarco Murray has been phenomenal through eight games. Derrick Henry showed Thursday night he could be productive when given snaps. Titans coach Mike Mularkey reveled in his “one-two” punch.
- What we learned: Mariota, Murray star in Titans’ win Marcus Mariota and DeMarco Murray played starring roles as the Titans raced out to an early lead and cruised to a 36-22 victory over the Jaguars. Chris Wesseling examines what we learned.
- Gus Bradley: DeMarco Murray an ‘unbelievable’ talent Jaguars coach Gus Bradley knows tonight’s game could boil down to stopping Titans runner DeMarco Murray, who he called an “unbelievable back.”
- What to watch for in Jaguars vs. Titans on ‘TNF’ We’re far removed from the Jags-Titans rivalry that marked the Mark Brunell-Eddie George era, but plenty will be at stake Thursday when the two teams play exclusively on NFL Network.
- McCourty optimistic, excited as Titans prep for Colts Titans cornerback Jason McCourty has been in the NFL since 2009 and has no playoff appearances. He’s optimistic about his squad heading into an important matchup with the Colts.
- Titans vs. Dolphins will be played as scheduled Hurricane Matthew continues to disrupt lives along the Atlantic coast, but the Category 3 storm will not stop Sunday’s game between the Tennessee Titans and Miami Dolphins.
- Mularkey blames lack of chemistry for Titans’ woes The Tennessee Titans’ passing offense is not as regressive as once perceived. However, the problem lies with the success rate. Mike Mularkey says the young offense lacks chemistry.
- Injuries: Gronk has ‘no setbacks’; Jay Cutler limited Rob Gronkowski says he had “no setbacks” with his hamstring during New England’s Thursday night victory. So which Patriots quarterback will be throwing to him on Sunday?
- Titans’ Marcus Mariota: ‘I am trying to do too much’ Marcus Mariota had arguably the worst game of his career in a loss to the Raiders on Sunday. The Titans quarterback said it was likely because he was “trying to do too much.”
- Inactives roundup: Delanie Walker out for Titans Delanie Walker was questionable heading into the weekend with a right hamstring issue and was officially listed as out prior to the game. Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, it was a close call.
- Mariota on Andre Johnson: He’s a Hall of Famer Andre Johnson caught the Titans’ game-winning touchdown Sunday. The veteran played few snaps Sunday, but Marcus Mariota had no worries about targeting the veteran with the game on the line.
- Forty-two things we learned from Week 2 One of the benefits of Week 2? It methodically blew up a laundry list of ponderous narratives coming out last week. Here’s what we learned from today’s slate.