Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Latest news from NFL.com for Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Koetter’s declined penalty showed lack of faith in D Dirk Koetter’s curious decision to decline a penalty that could have pushed the Falcons out of field-goal range Thursday night showed he doesn’t trust his defense.
- Jameis Winston: ‘I feel great’ despite early injury exit Bucs quarterback Jameis Winston leaves in the fourth quarter of Thursday’s 43-28 loss to the Falcons with a knee injury. Teammate Mike Evans exits early to undergo concussion evaluation.
- Mike Evans made the catch of the year Thursday The Buccaneers are bad at football, but Mike Evans keeps his team watchable in a bad reality TV kind of way. His one-handed grab on the sideline late in the second half was worth viewing.
- Buccaneers cut 2013 second-rounder Johnthan Banks The Buccaneers waived 2013 second-round pick Johnthan Banks, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Where will the veteran cornerback end up next?
- Reports: Bucs to sign Mike James after latest RB injury The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will sign running back Mike James, per multiple reports. Jacquizz Rodgers was the latest Bucs back to suffer an injury.
- Bucs RB Doug Martin (hamstring) suffers setback Doug Martin suffered a setback in his rehab from a hamstring injury. Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said there is no timetable for the running back’s return.
- Buccaneers place Vincent Jackson (ACL) on IR A Buccaneers offense riddled with injuries will have to endure yet another. Tampa Bay placed wide receiver Vincent Jackson on injured reserve on Tuesday after the veteran suffered a torn ACL.
- Jacquizz Rodgers propels Bucs with career night With both Doug Martin and Charles Sims missing from the Buccaneers’ backfield, Tampa Bay got a much-needed big day out of Jacquizz Rodgers, who carried 30 times for 101 yards in their win over Carolina.
- What we learned: Aguayo FG caps strange win for Bucs In a game that tested the patience of each team’s fans, Roberto Aguayo’s 38-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Buccaneers to a 17-14 win over the Panthers on Monday night.
- Steve Young had weird encounter with cupid referee Steve Young might be the only player in NFL history to get a call because a referee wanted him to make a call. Young described an incident in his NFL career that is quite literally hard to believe.
- Dirk Koetter ‘very concerned’ with Jameis Winston Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston was supposed to take a big step forward in his second season. So far, that hasn’t been the case and head coach Dirk Koetter is concerned about the signal-caller’s progress.
- Lynch steps in to lead undefeated Broncos past Bucs No Trevor Siemian, no problem for the Denver Broncos (4-0), who rallied behind Paxton Lynch to beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3) at a rain-soaked Raymond James Stadium.
- Rams escape with win after hour delay in Tampa Bay The Rams staved off multiple comeback attempts on the part of the Buccaneers, escaping Tampa Bay with a 37-32 victory that included an hour-long weather delay at the two minute warning in the fourth quarter.
- Buccaneers waive TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins It’s curtains for Austin Seferian-Jenkins in Tampa Bay. The Bucs waived the tight end following his Friday DUI arrest, the team announced.