San Francisco 49ers
Latest news from NFL.com for San Francisco 49ers
- Chip Kelly: Slower offense fits 49ers’ personnel
Chip Kelly said that the 49ers’ current offensive personnel fits a slower-tempo offense than he’s ran in the past. San Francisco is still sixth in total plays from scrimmage in 2016.
- Eagles, 49ers talking Torrey Smith trade
The Philadelphia Eagles need help at wide receiver. Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, they’re in talks with the 49ers about getting that in Torrey Smith.
- Chip Kelly: We need Joe Staley to stay with 49ers
Chip Kelly said Monday that he’s had no trade discussions involving left tackle Joe Staley. Will the 49ers listen to offers for the five-time Pro Bowl selection?
- Niners LB: We’re possibly one of the best teams
When things go wrong, people expect the source of the problem to be fired. With the bye week coming in San Francisco, Chip Kelly has already said that he won’t do that with DC Jim O’Neil.
- Niners coach Chip Kelly: ‘I’m not going anywhere’
The San Francisco 49ers sit at the bottom of the NFC West with one win, but coach Chip Kelly doesn’t seem too concerned about his future with the squad.
- Chip Kelly: Niners can build on Colin Kaepernick’s start
Colin Kaepernick’s first start of 2016 left much to be desired, but San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly isn’t about to turn back to Blaine Gabbert or hand off the ball to Christian Ponder.
- Kaepernick took out insurance policy before renegotiated deal
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick took out an insurance policy prior to signing his renegotiated contract, helping his cause to be the Niners’ starter this week.
- Fines: Niners’ Carlos Hyde docked $9,115 for taunting
Carlos Hyde felt the need to assert his physical prowess on a short pass for a first down in Week 5. His alpha-male gesture toward an opponent cost him over $9,000 this week.
- Colin Kaepernick inks restructured deal with 49ers
Newly minted starting QB Colin Kaepernick has signed his restructured deal with the San Francisco 49ers. The new contract eliminates injury guarantees, per Ian Rapoport.
- Chip Kelly, 49ers mulling over whether to start Colin Kaepernick
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the San Francisco 49ers are seriously considering making Colin Kaepernick their starting quarterback. What are the factors that will go into that decision?
- Kelly: Niners to look at everything with QB situation
After another underwhelming performance from Blaine Gabbert, the calls for Colin Kaepernick have grown louder than ever. Will Chip Kelly make a move at the 49ers’ quarterback position?
- Takeaways: David Johnson keys important Cards win
David Johnson dominated for the Cardinals, finishing with 185 yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns to lift Arizona to a potentially momentum-shifting victory over the 49ers on Thursday.
- Colin Kaepernick: I’ll be ready if called upon by 49ers
Even though San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly said Colin Kaepernick isn’t ready to be a starting quarterback yet, Kaepernick disagreed, saying, “I’m always ready to play.”
- Colin Kaepernick’s expert plan: ‘Eat food and a lot of it’
San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly has said Colin Kaepernick is not ready physically. How Kaepernick plans to get back to his pre-surgery playing body.
- Niners OT Anthony Davis retires again from football
The 49ers welcomed longtime starting offensive tackle Anthony Davis back to the team this season after he retired from football in 2015. His return to the game proved to be short-lived.