San Diego Chargers
Latest news from NFL.com for San Diego Cahargers
- Wolfe: Rivers relationship hurt by threat to eat his kids Philip Rivers didn’t have one of his best days in Denver, who was sacked four times and threw three INTs. After the game, Broncos DE Derek Wolfe spoke of his disdain for the QB.
- Broncos’ defense frustrates Rivers, Chargers in win In a battle between two AFC West foes, the world-champion Broncos (6-2) took care of business with a 27-19 win over the Chargers (3-5). Here’s what we learned from Denver’s big day.
- Joey Bosa ‘giving 100 percent’ thanks to fewer snaps Having sat out much of training camp and the start of the regular season, Joey Bosa is both well-rested and healthy, a dangerous combination at this point in the season.
- Schottenheimer battling early-onset Alzheimer’s Marty Schottenheimer, 73, was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s about five years ago and is expected to begin a trial of a new drug that could slow down the debilitating effects of the disease.
- Jay Ajayi again named Offensive Player of the Week Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second week in a row, the NFL announced Wednesday.
- Rivers becomes Chargers’ all-time passing leader Philip Rivers continues to smash his way through the San Diego Chargers’ record book. On Thursday, he surpassed Dan Fouts to become the franchise’s all-time passing yards leader.
- Did Chargers coach Mike McCoy save job with win? Chargers coach Mike McCoy entered Thursday’s game against the Broncos with his job potentially on the line. But things are looking a little brighter for McCoy now that San Diego’s losing streak is over.
- Philip Rivers: ‘Nobody should feel sorry for me’ After former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson pleaded with San Diego to trade the QB after the team’s recent string of woes, Philip Rivers weighs in.
- Chargers ‘beat’ impossible odds on way to 1-4 start The Chargers may be 1-4 but there’s a silver lining. Well, maybe. Dan Hanzus explains why the team is the lottery losers for the ages.
- Chargers unhappy with laughing kicker Josh Lambo A majority of the Chargers were in a gloomy haze after their latest collapse on Sunday, a 34-31 loss to the division-rival Oakland Raiders. Except for kicker Josh Lambo, that is.
- Chargers coping with another ‘unbelievable’ loss The Chargers found another way to lose Sunday, with a botched snap on a field goal to tie the game in the fourth quarter. Embattled coach Mike McCoy is exasperated at the new ways of losing.
- Mike McCoy facing critical two-game stretch with Chargers Chargers coach Mike McCoy has struggled to extract wins from his injury-riddled squad, and the next two games could determine whether McCoy will remain at the helm in San Diego.
- Injury roundup: Chargers’ Antonio Gates set to play Chargers tight end Antonio Gates is expected to return against the Raiders in Oakland, although his snaps might be limited, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.