Latest news from NFL.com for Philadelphia Eagles
- Matthews: Eagles WRs not playing to the level needed
The Philadelphia Eagles passing game stalled in recent weeks. Jordan Matthews says he and fellow receivers aren’t playing up to the level needed.
- Pederson insists Ryan Mathews still Eagles No. 1 RB
Ryan Mathews has seen his workload wither up in Philly, but Eagles coach Doug Pederson announced Wednesday that the veteran runner remains the team’s top back. Really?
- Eagles’ Doug Pederson wants to be more ‘aggressive’
Doug Pederson made a series of passive calls that helped lead the Philadelphia Eagles to an overtime loss in Dallas. The first-year head coach says he learned he needs to stay aggressive.
- Matthews: Wentz-Dak could be new Manning-Brady
Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott have impressed to start their careers. With the Eagles and Cowboys set to face off Sunday night, could the rookies be the next Tom Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry?
- Eagles, 49ers talking Torrey Smith trade
The Philadelphia Eagles need help at wide receiver. Per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, they’re in talks with the 49ers about getting that in Torrey Smith.
- Doug Pederson: Sam Bradford trade a win-win
The Vikings and Eagles play one another on Sunday, the two teams behind one of the most intriguing exchanges this year. Eagles coach Doug Pederson called the Sam Bradford trade a ‘win-win.’
- Kirk Cousins, Redskins drop hammer on Wentz, Eagles
The Washington Redskins lean on a ferocious pass rush and the passing exploits of Kirk Cousins to hammer the Philadelphia Eagles for a 27-20 victory Sunday.
- Carson Wentz tops jersey sales in first five weeks
Eagles rookie quarterback Carson Wentz outpaced Von Miller, Antonio Brown and fellow rookie Ezekiel Elliott on his path to jersey superiority.
- Injuries: Steve Smith hurts ankle in Ravens’ loss
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Steve Smith exited Sunday’s game after suffering an ankle injury. Smith will not return to the game. Plus, other injuries we’re monitoring Week 5.
- Nigel Bradham arrested on suspicion of having firearm at airport
Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Nigel Bradham was arrested on suspicion of carrying a firearm at Miami International Airport. It’s his second arrest in less than three months.
- Carson Wentz, Siemian highlight Players of the Week
Trevor Siemian and Carson Wentz — two QBs who had never lobbed an NFL pass before this year — are 3-0. Both had Week 3 performances good enough to earn Player of the Week honors.
- Wentz outplays Roethlisberger in Eagles blowout
Carson Wentz tossed a pair of touchdowns en route to his first 300-yard performance, leading the Philadelphia Eagles to a 34-3 laugher over the Pittsburgh Steelers.