Latest news from NFL.com for Oakland Raiders
- Nevada governor signs bill to approve Las Vegas stadium plan
Nevada’s governor signed a bill Monday clearing the way for a Las Vegas stadium that could be home to the Raiders, although NFL owners would still need to approve the team’s relocation.
- Raiders take a big step toward Vegas, but many hurdles await
The Raiders took a significant step this week in solidifying their future in Las Vegas, but there are still many obstacles looming before the team can make a possible move.
- Las Vegas stadium plan gains approval from Nevada Legislature
A plan to put $750 million in hotel tax dollars toward an NFL stadium in Las Vegas has cleared the Nevada Legislature and heads toward final review from a supportive governor.
- Courageous Jack Del Rio changes culture in Oakland
Jack Del Rio isn’t afraid to take chances, and it’s paying off as his Raiders are sitting atop the AFC West. Michael Silver delves into how the head coach has changed the culture in Oakland.
- Del Rio: Derek Carr ‘surgeon-like’ in fourth quarter
Derek Carr’s six game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime since 2015 lead the league. Raiders coach Jack Del Rio is running out of ways to describe his quarterback’s poise.
- Khalil Mack: Raiders QB Derek Carr ‘is the chosen one’
Derek Carr led another come-from-behind victory Sunday over the Ravens. Defensive lineman Khalil Mack declared the Oakland Raiders quarterback ‘the chosen one’ after the win.
- Raiders punter reenacts ‘The Ray Lewis Dance’
Marquette King is now End Around’s favorite punter. The Oakland Raider isn’t afraid to celebrate when he executes his job well and did so on the road in Baltimore.
- Raiders make ‘tough decision’ to cut Marcel Reece
The Oakland Raiders are parting ways with one of their veteran offensive players. According to Ian Rapoport, the team released fullback Marcel Reece on Monday.
- Norton Jr. ‘accountable’ for historically poor defense
The Oakland Raiders have given up more than 1,000 yards of offense in two games this season. Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. says he’s accountable for turning it around.
- King ponders GoFundMe to counteract incoming fine
Marquette King was determined to save a touchdown at any cost on Sunday. He’s hoping the fine he drew from that horse-collar tackle can potentially be helped a bit by Raiders fans.
- Forty-two things we learned from Week 2
One of the benefits of Week 2? It methodically blew up a laundry list of ponderous narratives coming out last week. Here’s what we learned from today’s slate.
- Sean Smith ready to bounce back after bad opener
In Week 1, the supposedly improved Raiders secondary got smashed by Drew Brees and the Saints, though Oakland ultimately won the game. Sean Smith is looking to bounce back after a bad opener.