New York Jets
Latest news from NFL.com for New York Jets
- Bowles fine with Fitz playing pissed if it stops INTs
New York Jets coach Todd Bowles responded to the comments from quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick saying that the general manager, owner and coaches no longer believe in him.
- Namath would probably like to take back Geno tweet
Like you, Broadway Joe has regrets this Monday. Geno Smith’s return was short-lived after suffering a knee injury. Namath criticized the QB for standing on the sidelines despite the injury.
- Geno Smith suffers torn ACL in Jets’ win over Ravens
Geno Smith’s career has taken another blow. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports that the Jets believe the quarterback tore his ACL based on an initial MRI.
- Fitzpatrick: Jets’ owner, GM, coach lost faith in me
In a seemingly cathartic display of emotion on Sunday, Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick spoke about a sinking feeling that Jets brass don’t believe in him as a QB.
- Fitzpatrick returns to lead Jets past skidding Ravens
The Ravens ended a horrid two-week residency at MetLife Stadium this week. Baltimore dropped to 3-4 following a loss to the Jets, who climbed to 2-5 and snapped a four-game losing streak.
- Geno Smith suffers knee injury in Jets’ victory
Newly minted New York Jets starting quarterback Geno Smith left in the second quarter against the Ravens after suffering a right knee injury. Ryan Fitzpatrick played the rest of the way at QB.
- Jets will give Geno Smith fair chance to prove he’s worthy starter
Jets coach Todd Bowles will give Geno Smith a fair opportunity to keep the starting quarterback job and show what he can do, sources informed of the situation told Ian Rapoport.
- Jets RB Matt Forte says decline in stats not due to age
Matt Forte has struggled in recent weeks, but the New York Jets running back says it’s not due to his age.
- Jets owner: ‘Very confident’ with Bowles, Maccagnan
The Jets fell to 1-5 after a rough Monday night loss to the Cardinals, but owner Woody Johnson told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport that he won’t be making any changes with the team’s brass.
- Bowles revisits starting Geno Smith over Fitzpatrick
Todd Bowles has slept on it. One evening after assuring the press that Ryan Fitzpatrick would retain his starting position after being benched, the Jets head coach backtracked his statements.
- Decker undergoes hip surgery, out at least 8 months
Eric Decker is banged up in all sorts of ways. After being placed on injured reserve with a torn rotator cuff, Decker underwent surgery Tuesday on his hip, a previously undisclosed ailment.