NFL.com News Updates
Latest news from NFL.com
- Patriots’ Tom Brady: ‘Coaching wouldn’t be for me’ Despite being one of the greatest players to ever take the field, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he has no desire to coach football when he hangs up his cleats.
- No merit to trade rumors for Bears WR Alshon Jeffery NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that there’s no merit to trade rumors involving Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery. Find out why franchise players don’t get traded.
- Goff taking first-team reps, ‘ready to go’ if called upon The Jared Goff watch is in full bloom in Los Angeles. The rookie quarterback took first-team reps in the Rams’ final practice of the bye week Wednesday. Is L.A. ready to switch QBs?
- Seahawks cut veteran running back C.J. Spiller C.J. Spiller’s stint in Seattle didn’t last long.The Seahawks released the veteran running back Wednesday after less than a month with the club.
- Cam won’t stop running: That will forever be my edge After the bye week, Cam Newton was more than willing to open up about his concussion experience. Newton also said he has no plans to ditch running to protect himself from future hits to the head.
- C.J. Anderson to miss a few weeks, possibly more Broncos running back C.J. Anderson is expected to miss at least a few weeks with a bone bruise, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday.
- Josh McCown medically cleared, practices fully Josh McCown is on track to return from a collarbone injury that took him out the past five weeks. The Cleveland Browns’ quarterback was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice.
- LeSean McCoy didn’t practice for Bills; Dareus returns LeSean McCoy’s sore hamstring will keep him off the practice field Wednesday, but Marcell Dareus is back at practice and coach Rex Ryan is hopeful he will play against the Patriots on Sunday.
- Josh Norman, Jordan Reed practicing for Redskins Josh Norman and Jordan Reed remain in concussion protocol, but both players practiced for the Redskins on Wednesday. Will they play against the Bengals on Sunday?