Latest news from NFL.com for Minnesota Vikingas
- Norv Turner resigns as Vikings’ offensive coordinator
Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner has resigned, the team announced Wednesday. The Vikings have lost two straight games since starting 5-0.
- Zimmer ‘very surprised’ by Norv Turner’s resignation
Count Vikings coach Mike Zimmer among those stunned by the sudden resignation of offensive coordinator Norv Turner. Zimmer said he gave “no thought” to making a change prior to Turner’s decision.
- What we learned: Howard powers Bears past Vikings
Rookie power back Jordan Howard exploded for 202 yards and a touchdown, leading the Chicago Bears to a 20-10 upset victory over the Vikings. Here’s what we learned on Monday night.
- McKinnon out; Bears’ Long, Goldman doubtful for ‘MNF’
The Bears are wounded walking into their Monday night matchup with the Vikings. Chicago has ruled that guard Kyle Long (tricep) and defensive tackle Eddie Goldman (ankle) are doubtful.
- Vikings should steer clear of stuffed animal motivation
Vikings coach Mike Zimmer had some curious motivational tactics over his team’s bye week last week. One of those included disfiguring stuffed animals to try to prove a point to his squad.
- Zimmer calls out ‘soft’ O-line after ’embarrassing’ loss
Mike Zimmer did not mince words after Sunday’s loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. The Vikings coach torched his offensive line, which gave up six sacks.
- Doug Pederson: Sam Bradford trade a win-win
The Vikings and Eagles play one another on Sunday, the two teams behind one of the most intriguing exchanges this year. Eagles coach Doug Pederson called the Sam Bradford trade a ‘win-win.’
- Mike Zimmer’s resiliency defines undefeated Vikings
Mike Zimmer waited forever to run an NFL team, but the 60-year-old clearly is making the most of his opportunity with the 5-0 Vikings. Marc Sessler chronicles one of the league’s most respected coaches.
- Vikings DC arrested for DWI in May, pleaded to careless driving
Vikings defensive coordinator George Edwards was arrested for driving while intoxicated in May and pleaded to careless driving in August, court records show.
- Minnesota Vikings sign veteran Jake Long
The Minnesota Vikings continue to deal with injuries by adding veteran talent from free agency. Former No. 1 pick Jake Long is the latest as the Vikings signed him to a one-year deal Tuesday.
- Alex Boone: Bradford ‘unbelievable’ in rout of Texans
The Minnesota Vikings are still unbeaten at 5-0 after a rout of the Houston Texans. Vikings guard Alex Boone pointed out his quarterback Sam Bradford’s high level of play Sunday against Houston.
- Injuries: Steve Smith hurts ankle in Ravens’ loss
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Steve Smith exited Sunday’s game after suffering an ankle injury. Smith will not return to the game. Plus, other injuries we’re monitoring Week 5.
- Vikings stay undefeated, trounce inconsistent Texans
The high-flying Minnesota Vikings are perfect through five games after a dominant 31-13 trouncing of the up-and-down Houston Texans (3-2).