Latest news from NFL.com for Miami Dolphins
- Jarvis Landry fined $24,309 for illegal hit on Aaron Williams
Jarvis Landry’s hit on Aaron Williams drew the ire of Bills coach Rex Ryan earlier this week, and the NFL has not turned a blind eye, either.
- Jay Ajayi again named Offensive Player of the Week
Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second week in a row, the NFL announced Wednesday.
- Blandino: Refs deemed Landry’s hit ‘a football play’
NFL vice president of Officiating Dean Blandino went on Tuesday’s edition of NFL Total Access to explain why Jarvis Landry was allowed to remain in the game following his crack-back block.
- Dolphins’ Arian Foster announces his NFL retirement
Miami Dolphins running back Arian Foster has decided to call it a career. After a myriad of injuries over the past two years, Foster announced his retirement on Monday.
- Rex: Landry’s hit on Williams was ‘totally unnecessary’
Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry laid a huge block on Bills safety Aaron Williams on Sunday. Bills coach Rex Ryan says the hit was “totally unnecessary” and “unsportsmanlike.”
- Dolphins fear safety Reshad Jones has torn rotator cuff
The Dolphins fear Pro Bowl safety Reshad Jones tore his rotator cuff in Sunday’s victory, reports NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Is Miami’s best player out for the season?
- Jay Ajayi calls 200-yard performance a ‘special thing’
Jay Ajayi put his name in Miami Dolphins record books alongside Ricky Williams with his 204-yard performance in Sunday’s win over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Jay Ajayi leads Dolphins past injured Big Ben, Steelers
A clearly hampered Ben Roethlisberger opened the door for an improbable Dolphins upset on Sunday. The 30-15 win over the Steelers stops whispers of a full-out tailspin in Miami.
- Arian Foster, Reshad Jones will play vs. Steelers
Miami Dolphins running back Arian Foster and safety Reshad Jones will play against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday afternoon, according to the team.
- Koa Misi’s neck injury might be career-threatening
When Koa Misi was placed on IR to make room for cornerback Bene’ Benwikere, it seemed likely that the 29-year-old veteran’s season was over. It could be an even more severe than that, however.
- Dolphins grab corner Bene’ Benwikere off waivers
The spiraling Dolphins need all sorts of help on defense, and they’ve found some in the form of Bene’ Benwikere. The team was awarded the CB off waivers after Benwikere was released by the Panthers.
- Injury roundup: Tunsil injures ankle after shower slip
Adam Gase revealed offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil injured his ankle slipping in the shower on Sunday. Take a look at other injury notes we’re tracking Monday.
- Adam Gase: Ryan Tannehill is our starting quarterback
Adam Gase is sticking with Ryan Tannehill for the foreseeable future. The Dolphins coach Gase said he’s sticking with his quarterback at least through the season.