Kansas City Chiefs
Latest news from NFL.com for Kansas City Chiefs
- Packers nab RB Knile Davis from Chiefs in trade
The Green Bay Packers have added some running back depth. They traded for Kansas City Chiefs running back Knile Davis on Tuesday, Ian Rapoport reported.
- Play-call on Dontari Poe’s TD? ‘Hungry Pig Right’
Kansas City dominated Oakland in the second half on Sunday, shutting out the Raiders. Few plays epitomized this superiority more than Dontari Poe’s score from one yard out.
- Jamaal Charles ‘110 percent,’ expects bigger role
Jamaal Charles declared himself “110 percent” Wednesday, adding that the “training wheels” are off. Will Chiefs coach Andy Reid give him a bigger role versus the Raiders this week?
- Andy Reid on blowout loss: It’s not the end of the world
Andy Reid has seen it all in his 18 years as an NFL head coach. That’s why the Kansas City Chiefs coach isn’t panicking after his team got blown out on Sunday night by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Big Ben tosses five TDs as Steelers cruise past Chiefs
The Pittsburgh Steelers took charge early and never looked back against the Kansas City Chiefs, riding big-play Ben Roethlisberger and Le’Veon Bell to a 43-14 win on Sunday night.
- Big Ben: Marcus Peters a ‘phenomenal talent’
After winning Defensive Player of the Week honors, Chiefs CB Marcus Peters has the Steelers’ full attention. Will Peters trail All Pro wideout Antonio Brown on Sunday? Chris Wesseling explores.
- Carson Wentz, Siemian highlight Players of the Week
Trevor Siemian and Carson Wentz — two QBs who had never lobbed an NFL pass before this year — are 3-0. Both had Week 3 performances good enough to earn Player of the Week honors.
- Reid accuses Texans of flopping late in Sunday’s loss
Could flopping become more of a mainstream talking point in the NFL? Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is trying to bring it to the forefront after an alleged incident cost him a touchdown.
- Forty-two things we learned from Week 2
One of the benefits of Week 2? It methodically blew up a laundry list of ponderous narratives coming out last week. Here’s what we learned from today’s slate.
- Jamaal Charles works with scout team during practice
The Kansas City Chiefs could be without Jamaal Charles another week. Coach Andy Reid said his running back is getting better, but Wednesday he was working with the scout team.
- Chiefs pull off largest comeback in franchise history
The Chiefs looked dead in the water following their 24-3 deficit to the Chargers in the middle of the third quarter. But Kansas City got the better end of its AFC West rival. Here’s what we learned.
- Roster cuts tracker: Teams trim to 53-player rosters
It’s that time of the preseason. With the 2016 regular season nearly upon us, NFL teams are make their roster cuts to reach the 53-player limit.
- Cardinals acquire CB Marcus Cooper from Chiefs
With cut day approaching, the Cardinals addressed their issues at cornerback with a trade. Arizona acquired cornerback Marcus Cooper from the Chiefs for a 2018 conditional draft pick.
- Reid unsure Jamaal Charles will be ready for opener
Jamaal Charles isn’t a calendar year removed from an ACL tear and might not be ready for the Kansas City Chiefs’ regular season opener versus the Chargers.
- Justin Houston (knee) to start 2016 season on PUP
The Kansas City Chiefs will be without Justin Houston for at least six weeks. The pass rusher was placed on the PUP list to start the season after undergoing offseason surgery.