Latest news from NFL.com for Indianapolis Colts
- Vinatieri breaks record for consecutive field goals
Adam Vinatieri nailed a 33-yard field goal in the third quarter Sunday setting an NFL record with 43 consecutive makes. The 21-year pro tied and passed former Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt.
- Colts owner Jim Irsay: ‘This year isn’t over’
Jim Irsay is optimistic about his Indianapolis Colts team. The owner defended coach Chuck Pagano and general manager Ryan Grigson this week.
- Chuck Pagano is encouraged despite Colts’ poor start
Chuck Pagano watched his team slide to 2-4 after losing a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter. The ever-upbeat Indianapolis Colts coach says he’s actually ‘encouraged’ about his team.
- Colts RB Frank Gore: ‘I didn’t come here for this’
An emotional Frank Gore lamented the Indianapolis Colts standing in the cellar of the AFC South. Following Sunday night’s disheartening collapse to the Houston Texans, Gore spoke harshly about the situation.
- Pagano: Clowney ‘playing as good as anybody’ up front
Jadeveon Clowney is finally healthy and destroying opponents, especially in the running game. Colts coach Chuck Pagano said the Texans’ star is playing as well as any front-seven player in the NFL.
- Andrew Luck: Blame me for holding ball on sacks
Andrew Luck has been sacked an NFL-high 20 times this season. The Indianapolis Colts quarterback placed the blame on himself for holding the ball too long.
- Adam Vinatieri is an unkillable accuracy machine
We all keep getting older, but Adam Vinatieri kicks field goals like he’s the same age. The miracle man is in his forties and is a few successful kicks away from setting a league record.
- Grigson: Paying Luck means building D will take time
The Colts aren’t winning much on Sundays, but they’re undefeated in the blame game. For one, Colts GM Ryan Grigson sees some of Indy’s woes as the by-product of Andrew Luck’s contract.
- Gore poised to pass Jim Brown in career rushing yards
Frank Gore is just 20 yards shy of passing Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown on the all-time rushing yards list. The Indianapolis Colts running back should pass Brown on Sunday versus the Bears.
- Reggie Wayne blames front office for Colts’ struggles
The hottest question in Indianapolis this week is a familiar one: Who is at fault for the Colts’ struggles? NFL Network’s Reggie Wayne says the blame should go to the front office — not Andrew Luck.
- Colts dump starters Antonio Cromartie, Sio Moore
The Colts dumped a pair of defensive starters, cutting ties with cornerback Antonio Cromartie and linebacker Sio Moore. Is this actually a positive sign for Indianapolis’ feeble defense?
- Frustrated Luck: ‘I’m tired of almost’ after latest loss
Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts lost their third game of the season Sunday in London, falling to 1-3. The frustrated quarterback said he’s tired of talking about “almost” wins.
- Jaguars harass Andrew Luck in London for first victory
The Colts’ 30-27 loss to the Jaguars in London drops them into a tie for last place in the division as they attempt to answer a heaping bundle of questions about their offense and defense.
- Irsay: Andrew Luck must ‘change the way he plays’
Nobody wants to see Andrew Luck injured again, including Jim Irsay. The Colts owner thinks his quarterback should change how aggressively he plays the game and “stay out of the fray.”
- Jaguars, Colts touch down in London
The Jaguars and Colts meet in 2016’s first International Series in London on Sunday. On Friday, both teams touched down as the prepare for the game.