Latest news from NFL.com for Houston Texans
- BOB: Sideline blowup the work of Halloween impostor
On Monday, Texans coach Bill O’Brien was asked about his sideline eruption during Sunday’s game. He claims his actions had to be the work of a very convincing doppelganger.
- Texans owner on Osweiler: ‘He’s still basically a rookie’
Brock Osweiler hasn’t looked like a $72 million quarterback this season, but Houston Texans owner Bob McNair defended his starter, noting Osweiler hasn’t started many games.
- Osweiler’s adequate performance enough to beat Lions
The Houston Texans stiff-armed another Matthew Stafford comeback bid and leaned on a so-so performance by quarterback Brock Osweiler to remain unbeaten at home.
- Bill O’Brien hasn’t considered benching Brock Osweiler
Coach Bill O’Brien said Tuesday that he has not considered benching struggling quarterback Brock Osweiler. How long until the Texans consider other options under center?
- Talib: Trevor Siemian is better than Brock Osweiler
Brock Osweiler put together another clunker on a big stage on Monday. A former teammate wasn’t shy about his opinion of the front office decision that allowed Osweiler to gallop to Houston.
- Blandino: ‘Not enough to change’ Osweiler fumble
One of the most-talked about plays from Monday night’s game between the Texans and Broncos will be Brock Osweiler’s fumble. Was it actually a fumble? Dean Blandino weighed in on the call on Twitter.
- What we learned: Osweiler has rough Denver return
Brock Osweiler’s Mile High homecoming was anything but memorable for the Houston Texans quarterback. The $72 million man struggled in the Broncos’ 27-9 win.
- Texans’ Derek Newton tears both patellar tendons
Texans right tackle Derek Newton suffered devastating injuries to both his knees during Monday’s game against the Broncos, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported.
- Transactions: Texans place CB Kevin Johnson on IR
The Houston Texans placed 2015 first-round pick Kevin Johnson on injured reserve with a foot injury. It’s a big blow to the Texans pass defense ahead of Monday’s tilt with the Denver Broncos.
- Broncos LT Russell Okung (concussion) questionable
The Denver Broncos listed left tackle Russell Okung (concussion) as questionable for Monday Night Football versus the Houston Texans. He practiced in a limited capacity this week.
- Chris Harris: Osweiler ‘like a gunslinger’ right now
Brock Osweiler will face his former team on Monday Night Football this week as a different player than he was a year ago. Former teammate Chris Harris noted a difference from the QB this season.
- Pagano: Clowney ‘playing as good as anybody’ up front
Jadeveon Clowney is finally healthy and destroying opponents, especially in the running game. Colts coach Chuck Pagano said the Texans’ star is playing as well as any front-seven player in the NFL.
- Osweiler, O’Brien take blame for Texans’ blowout loss
The Houston Texans got pounded on Sunday by the Minnesota Vikings. After the loss, Brock Osweiler, Bill O’Brien and others all tried to shoulder the blame for the loss.