Green Bay Packers
Latest news from NFL.com for Green Bay Packers
- Transactions: Saints activate Rankins; Pack get Linsley
The Packers will begin the second half of the season with their starting center in tow. Corey Linsley was moved to the active roster on Saturday after spending eight weeks on the PUP list.
- Fines: Packers’ Jones fined $36K for roughing Ryan
For Datone Jones, two times was one too many. The Packers pass rusher was fined $36,464 for roughing the passer for a hit on Matt Ryan in Green Bay’s Week 8 loss to the Falcons.
- Packers release running back Knile Davis
The Green Bay Packers released running back Knile Davis on Monday. This comes less than two weeks after acquiring Davis from the Chiefs for a conditional late-round pick.
- Ryan, Sanu overcome rejuvenated Rodgers in thriller
Mohamed Sanu hauled in five passes for 50 yards and a touchdown on the Falcons’ game-winning drive, leading Atlanta to a comeback victory over the Packers in a Week 8 thriller.
- Packers praying for help to slow Julio Jones
The Green Bay Packers injured secondary faces off against Julio Jones, the NFL’s leading receiver. Defensive back Micah Hyde says he’s praying for help to slow down Jones.
- Jay Ajayi again named Offensive Player of the Week
Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second week in a row, the NFL announced Wednesday.
- James Jones: Chemistry is at core of Packers’ struggles
Former Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings made some pointed remarks on Aaron Rodgers this week. James Jones, another receiver during that era, is taking a different route.
- Eddie Lacy (ankle surgery) placed on injured reserve
Eddie Lacy’s season just took a massive hit. Lacy will need to undergo ankle surgery, a source informed told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The team confirmed he was placed on injured reserve.
- Eddie Lacy out; Davante Adams questionable for ‘TNF’
The Packers’ struggling offense will have another large obstacle to overcome this week. Green Bay has ruled out starting running back Eddie Lacy (ankle) against the Bears on Thursday night.
- Injuries: Eddie Lacy to miss several weeks; Big Ben out
Eddie Lacy made headlines Sunday with his pair of hurdles in a disappointing loss to Dallas. He’s back in the news Tuesday, but not for good reason.
- Packers place Sam Shields on injured reserve
The Packers’ injury-riddled, struggling secondary won’t be getting one of its veterans back anytime soon. The team announced that Sam Shields is headed to injured reserve due to a concussion.
- Packers nab RB Knile Davis from Chiefs in trade
The Green Bay Packers have added some running back depth. They traded for Kansas City Chiefs running back Knile Davis on Tuesday, Ian Rapoport reported.