Latest news from NFL.com for Detroit Lions
- Beckham, Quin fined for unsportsmanlike conduct
Odell Beckham’s celebration has cost him a couple pounds. The Giants wide receiver, currently in London ahead of Sunday’s game against the Rams, was fined $24,309 for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Fisher: I didn’t tell Rams to crash Lions’ win formation
The Rams committed an age-old football sin against the Lions by crashing the team’s victory formation and disrupting a kneel down. Jeff Fisher says he’ll address his team about the issue.
- Golden Tate is having more fun than you
Golden Tate delivered an “I’m not dead!” performance to remember on Sunday. The Lions wide receiver easily his best performance in what had been a lost season through five weeks.
- Lions top Rams with game-sealing interception
For the second straight week the Detroit Lions closed a win with a game-sealing interception. Jeff Fisher’s Los Angeles Rams fell to 3-3. Here’s what you need to know.
- Is Matthew Stafford better without Calvin Johnson?
Calvin Johnson used to be Matthew Stafford’s security blanket. With Megatron retired, Jim Bob Cooter believes Stafford might have improved as a quarterback.
- Tom Brady, David Johnson highlight Players of Week
In his first start of the season, Tom Brady threw for 406 yards and three scores. His performance was enough to earn the Patriots quarterback AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors.
- Jim Caldwell insists Lions didn’t bench Golden Tate
Golden Tate didn’t start the second half for the Detroit Lions and played significantly fewer snaps than any other game this season. Coach Jim Caldwell, however, insists the struggling receiver wasn’t benched.
- Injuries: Kevin White injures ankle; Bowman ruled out
Bears receiver Kevin White suffered an ankle injury and did not return. He was having his best game as a pro at the time of the injury. Check in on the rest of Week 4’s injuries.
- Bears get off schneid with home win over Lions
Brian Hoyer and Jordan Howard helped the Chicago Bears (1-3) snapp a six-game home losing streak in a 17-14 win over the Detroit Lions (1-3) at Soldier Field.
- Rodgers tosses 4 TDs as Packers hang on to beat Lions
Aaron Rodgers tossed four first-half touchdowns, and the Green Bay Packers (2-1) held on for a 34-27 home victory over the Detroit Lions (1-2).
- Yes We Can: Jim Bob Cooter for president in 2020
That’s the strengthening siren call coming out of Detroit and its surrounding communities in support of the Lions offensive coordinator with the best name in the game.
- Lions place Ameer Abdullah (foot) on injured reserve
Detroit Lions running back Ameer Abdullah will miss at least the next eight games after the team placed him on injured reserve on Wednesday with a foot injury.
- Injury roundup: Initial X-rays on Abdullah negative
Sunday was a brutal day when it came to injuries around the league. Take a look at updates on all the notable injuries as news trickles down on Monday.