Latest news from NFL.com for Dallas Cowboys
- Jerry Jones expects Dez Bryant back for Week 8
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones expects to have the trio of Dez Bryant, Orlando Scandrick and DeMarcus Lawrence back after this week’s bye. Is the NFC East’s best team growing even stronger?
- Dak Prescott to start for Cowboys vs. Eagles in Week 8
The Cowboys will stick with Dak Prescott against the Eagles in Week 8 as Tony Romo continues to recover from a back injury. There’s a chance Romo might not be ready to return by Week 9.
- Jerry Jones: No timetable on Prescott vs. Romo call
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday that there’s no timetable on a decision at QB between Dak Prescott and Tony Romo. Find out why Jones is pinching himself over his predicament.
- Ezekiel Elliott all business, no pants in postgame chat
Dallas rookie sensation Ezekiel Elliott is on high demand with media requests these days. So high that he doesn’t even have time to put on slacks but that doesn’t stop him though.
- Dez predicts Ezekiel Elliott will hit 2,000 rushing yards
Ezekiel Elliott is now on pace to break Eric Dickerson’s rookie rushing record. Dez Bryant predicts the Dallas Cowboys workhorse will go even further, hitting the 2,000-yard mark.
- Cowboys could push back Tony Romo’s return
Could the Cowboys push back Tony Romo’s return? The team planned for the QB to return after Week 7, but wiith Dak Prescott’s superb play, questions about Romo’s return have magnified.
- Injury roundup: Cowboys’ Bryant a long shot to play
The Cowboys likely won’t have Dez Bryant for their game against the Packers today, but the Packers should have Eddie Lacy. Here are other injury notes we’re following Sunday morning.
- Witten on franchise starts record: I’m not Hercules
Jason Witten, a staple since 2003, will tie the Cowboys’ record for games started once action against the Packers begins. But the tight end doesn’t seem to be all that impressed by the feat.
- Haley defends Dez: Meetings are for struggling players
Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Haley doesn’t think it’s a big deal if Dez Bryant misses or is late to team meetings, saying they’re “for guys (who) don’t know how to perform.”
- Cowboys’ Dak Prescott: ‘This is Tony’s team’
Despite his spectacular play, Dak Prescott is not campaigning to keep the Cowboys’ starting gig. The rookie said Dallas is Tony Romo’s team when he’s healthy.
- Terrance Williams: Ezekiel Elliott a ‘real-life monster’
Ezekiel Elliott churned out 134 rushing yards in Sunday’s win over the Cincinnati Bengals. The Dallas Cowboys running back had one teammate calling him a “real-life monster” after the performance.
- Jerry Jones: Tony Romo is still our No. 1 quarterback
Dak Prescott is playing phenomenally for the Dallas Cowboys, but owner Jerry Jones reiterated that Tony Romo will return to the field when healthy.