Latest news from NFL.com for Cleveland Browns
- Cody Kessler to start for Browns vs. Cowboys
Browns coach Hue Jackson announced Cody Kessler would start Sunday versus the Dallas Cowboys. Why the coach decided to start him over veteran Josh McCown.
- Hue Jackson: Corey Coleman ‘full go’ for Browns
Browns coach Hue Jackson said rookie Corey Coleman is full-go in practice Thursday as he heals from a broken hand. Coleman suffered the injury in practice after Week 2.
- Joe Haden, Sheldon Richardson on the trade block?
Browns cornerback Joe Haden and Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson are among the more notable players who could be moved before Tuesday’s trade deadline.
- Twenty-one things to know about Week 8 injury report
Veteran quarterback Josh McCown will start for the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, returning to the lineup for the first time since being injured Week 2. Cody Kessler was ruled out because a concussion.
- Schottenheimer battling early-onset Alzheimer’s
Marty Schottenheimer, 73, was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s about five years ago and is expected to begin a trial of a new drug that could slow down the debilitating effects of the disease.
- Revis: Terrelle Pryor ‘one of the best athletes’ in NFL
After Browns quarterback-turned-receiver Terrelle Pryor went out of his way this week to stand up for Darrelle Revis, it didn’t take long for the Jets cover man to return the favor.
- Josh McCown medically cleared, practices fully
Josh McCown is on track to return from a collarbone injury that took him out the past five weeks. The Cleveland Browns’ quarterback was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice.
- Hue Jackson: Browns are not trading Joe Thomas
Cleveland Browns coach Hue Jackson put the rumors to rest on the team trading left tackle Joe Thomas before the deadline.
- Kessler: ‘I’m not coming out’ unless they force me
Cody Kessler has taken a beating behind a Browns O-line that can be considered patchwork at best. But he refuses to come out of the game due to the pain. And there’s a good reason for it.
- Hue Jackson: Cody Kessler to start for Browns
The Browns are rolling with rookie quarterback Cody Kessler this Sunday against the Titans, coach Hue Jackson said. Kessler suffered a rib injury against the Patriots last week.
- Injury roundup: Tunsil injures ankle after shower slip
Adam Gase revealed offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil injured his ankle slipping in the shower on Sunday. Take a look at other injury notes we’re tracking Monday.
- Cody Kessler expected to start for Browns in Week 6
Browns rookie quarterback Cody Kessler took a shot to the ribs Sunday against the Patriots but should be alright to start in Week 6 against the Titans, Ian Rapoport reported.
- Injuries: Steve Smith hurts ankle in Ravens’ loss
Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Steve Smith exited Sunday’s game after suffering an ankle injury. Smith will not return to the game. Plus, other injuries we’re monitoring Week 5.
- Tom Brady slays Browns for 406 yards, 3 TDs in return
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady made a triumphant return to the lineup Sunday after his four-game suspension, and it went exactly how you’d expect.