Latest news from NFL.com for Chicago Bears
- Derek Carr, Jordan Howard highlight Players of Week
Derek Carr was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week after passing for a franchise-record 513 yards to lead Oakland over Tampa Bay on Sunday.
- What we learned: Howard powers Bears past Vikings
Rookie power back Jordan Howard exploded for 202 yards and a touchdown, leading the Chicago Bears to a 20-10 upset victory over the Vikings. Here’s what we learned on Monday night.
- McKinnon out; Bears’ Long, Goldman doubtful for ‘MNF’
The Bears are wounded walking into their Monday night matchup with the Vikings. Chicago has ruled that guard Kyle Long (tricep) and defensive tackle Eddie Goldman (ankle) are doubtful.
- No merit to trade rumors for Bears WR Alshon Jeffery
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that there’s no merit to trade rumors involving Bears receiver Alshon Jeffery. Find out why franchise players don’t get traded.
- Cutler on Fox’s support: ‘He doesn’t have a choice’
When asked by the Chicago Tribune if he feels he still has the support of Bears coach John Fox, Jay Cutler was as inspired as he’s ever been.
- Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler (thumb) cleared to play
The Chicago Bears received clearance on QB Jay Cutler on Monday, soon after it was discovered that QB Brian Hoyer will be out for a significant amount of time with a broken arm.
- John Fox on Bears’ QB situation: ‘We don’t have a plan’
Brian Hoyer should keep the Bears starting quarterback job after solid, if unspectacular, play the past three weeks. Yet John Fox is keeping his options open until Jay Cutler is healthy.
- Brian Hoyer battling to remain Bears’ starting QB
If Brian Hoyer plays well again Sunday, could Jay Cutler be the Chicago Bears’ permanent backup? According to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, that could be the case.
- Bears’ Kevin White (fibula) placed on injured reserve
Kevin White suffered a severe high ankle sprain that resulted in a fracture in his fibula in Sunday’s win over the Lions, resulting in a trip to the injured reserve list for the second-year wideout.
- John Fox hints Brian Hoyer could remain Bears’ starter
For the first time all season, Bears fans have something to smile about on Monday, and much of that is thanks to Brian Hoyer. John Fox might even keep him in the starting lineup moving forward.
- Bears get off schneid with home win over Lions
Brian Hoyer and Jordan Howard helped the Chicago Bears (1-3) snapp a six-game home losing streak in a 17-14 win over the Detroit Lions (1-3) at Soldier Field.
- Bears cornerback Kyle Fuller headed to IR
The depleted Bears defense took another hit. Cornerback Kyle Fuller is headed to injured reserve with a knee injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- Prescott, Elliott pace Cowboys to easy win over Bears
They sure can grow some rookies in Dallas. Dak Prescott and the Cowboys dominated time of possession and ground down the Bears’ defense in a 31-17 win on Sunday night.