Latest news from NFL.com for Carolina Panthers
- Cam won’t stop running: That will forever be my edge
After the bye week, Cam Newton was more than willing to open up about his concussion experience. Newton also said he has no plans to ditch running to protect himself from future hits to the head.
- Cam Newton cleared to play for Panthers on Sunday
Carolina will get a much-needed boost in its lineup Sunday. Quarterback Cam Newton (concussion) has been cleared to play against the Saints, the team announced Saturday.
- Brees: Kuechly, Davis best LB tandem ‘maybe ever’
Drew Brees thinks highly of his competition in Carolina. But are Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis the best linebacking tandem of all-time, or even right now?
- Ron Rivera: Panthers can come back in NFC South
Ron Rivera believes predictions of the Panthers’ demise have been exaggerated. Although Carolina is off to a 1-4 start “Riverboat Ron” wouldn’t bet against his boys winning the division.
- Panthers’ Greg Olsen: ‘Nobody feels sorry for us’
Back-breaking turnovers and penalties aren’t the best remedies for a potential Super Bowl hangover. The Carolina Panthers have struggled with both during their 1-4 start to the season.
- What we learned: Aguayo FG caps strange win for Bucs
In a game that tested the patience of each team’s fans, Roberto Aguayo’s 38-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Buccaneers to a 17-14 win over the Panthers on Monday night.
- Cam Newton (concussion) ruled out vs. Buccaneers
Come Monday, Superman will be on the sidelines. The Panthers have ruled out quarterback Cam Newton for Monday night’s game against the Buccaneers.
- Struggling Bene’ Benwikere waived by Panthers
In a stunning move, Carolina the Panthers now leave themselves with a depth chart almost entirely devoid of experience after deciding to part ways with cornerback Bene’ Benwikere.
- Cam Newton remains in concussion protocol
Panthers quarterback Cam Newton remains in the concussion protol and didn’t practice Thursday. The door remains open for Derek Anderson to start Monday against the Bucs if Cam isn’t available.
- Rivera ‘crushed’ by end of team’s 100-yard rush streak
The Carolina Panthers had a 100-yard rushing streak of more than 30 games snapped in Week 4. Ron Rivera wants to start a new streak.
- Rivera: Deion Jones did nothing wrong in hit on Cam
Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Falcons LB Deion Jones did nothing wrong in his high-contact shot on Cam Newton, which sent the quarterback into concussion protocol.
- Matt Ryan, Julio Jones set records in win over Panthers
Matt Ryan and Julio Jones exploded on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, setting records for passing and receiving yards in a 48-33 win over their division rival.