Latest news from NFL.com for Atlanta Falcons
- What we learned: Ryan shows MVP skill in ‘TNF’ win
The Falcons don’t look like a team that will fade away this time around. Their 43-28 win over the Bucs on Thursday gives them breathing room in the NFC South. Here’s what we learned.
- Tevin Coleman (hamstring) out for Falcons vs. Bucs
The Falcons will again be without dynamic running back Tevin Coleman as they meet the Buccaneers on Thursday night. Coleman had a big game against Tampa Bay in Week 1.
- Ryan surprised by success when Julio is shut down
The Falcons are 3-0 when Julio Jones catches three passes or fewer. Matt Ryan is surprised by Atlanta’s success when Jones’ effectiveness is limited, but he knows they “got a lot of ballers.”
- Ryan, Sanu overcome rejuvenated Rodgers in thriller
Mohamed Sanu hauled in five passes for 50 yards and a touchdown on the Falcons’ game-winning drive, leading Atlanta to a comeback victory over the Packers in a Week 8 thriller.
- Falcons sign Stevan Ridley as Tevin Coleman insurance
Two days after Tevin Coleman suffered a hamstring injury of unknown severity, Atlanta signed Stevan Ridley and Terron Ward to the active roster and another tailback to the practice squad.
- Dan Quinn had ‘gut feeling’ on failed fourth-down call
Dan Quinn decided to go for it on fourth-and-1 from his own 45 in OT. The call failed, and the Falcons fell to the Chargers. The coach said he had a ‘gut feeling’ on the decision not to punt.
- Falcons’ Dan Quinn mum on pass interference no-call
Falcons coach Dan Quinn was not shy about letting officials know how he felt about a controversial no-call at the end of Sunday’s loss, but had little to say after the game.
- Seahawks escape Julio, Falcons on controversial call
Earl Thomas intercepted a pass off of Julio Jones’ fingertips, setting up Steven Hauschka’s go-ahead field goal as the Seahawks escaped with a 26-24 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.
- Chris Harris: Patriots-esque game plan beat Broncos
The Falcons exploited Broncos LBs in space Sunday, with Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman compiling 167 receiving yards. A scheme Denver hadn’t seen since the AFC Championship game.
- Coleman, Freeman decimate Denver’s dominant D
The NFL’s top-ranked offense won the much ballyhooed battle versus Von Miller’s swarming defense, as the Falcons toppled the Broncos from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 23-16 victory.
- Falcons lose three OTA practices due to 2016 violations
The Falcons will be docked three days of Organized Team Activities in the spring of 2017 due to a violation of offseason workout rules in May of this past year, the league announced on Thursday.
- Kubiak: Stopping Julio Jones ‘the ultimate challenge’
Gary Kubiak and the Broncos face the daunting task of defending Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones on Sunday. Kubiak said the impending matchup is “the ultimate challenge.”