Latest news from NFL.com for Arizona Cardinals
- Tyrann Mathieu, John Brown not on Cards’ injury report
After missing the majority of August, Tyrann Mathieu and John Brown are noticeably absent from the Cardinals’ Week 1 injury report. Is it all hands on deck in Arizona versus New England?
- Bill Belichick: David Johnson isn’t Marshall Faulk
The Cardinals have compared backfield star David Johnson’s receiving ability to that of Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. Find out why Patriots coach Bill Belichick rejects the comparison.
- Roster cuts tracker: Teams trim to 53-player rosters
It’s that time of the preseason. With the 2016 regular season nearly upon us, NFL teams are make their roster cuts to reach the 53-player limit.
- Cardinals acquire CB Marcus Cooper from Chiefs
With cut day approaching, the Cardinals addressed their issues at cornerback with a trade. Arizona acquired cornerback Marcus Cooper from the Chiefs for a 2018 conditional draft pick.
- Bruce Arians: Tyrann Mathieu ‘ready to roll’ for Week 1
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians expects Tyrann Mathieu to be “fully speed, ready to roll” for the season opener versus the Patriots. Is Arizona’s secondary back to full strength for 2016?
- John Brown uncertain for Cardinals’ season opener
Still battling headaches from a July 31 concussion, John Brown is uncertain for Week 1. Find out what Bruce Arians had to say about the speedy Cardinals wideout.
- What we learned: Cardinals not worried about offense
The Cardinals’ starting O has looked disjointed throughout the preseason, but the team isn’t too concerned. Bruce Arians might be worried about his defense though. Here’s what else we learned.
- Bruce Arians ‘pissed’ about Cardinals’ loss to Chargers
His recent health scare was the last thing on the mind of Bruce Arians following Arizona’s 19-3 loss to the San Diego Chargers on Friday. “I’m fine,” said the Cardinals coach. “Just pissed.”
- Cardinals’ Bruce Arians coaches ‘as usual’ vs. Chargers
You can’t keep Bruce Arians down for long. The Cardinals coach returned to the sidelines for Friday night’s game against the Chargers in San Diego just three days after being hospitalized.
- Bruce Arians feeling better after hospital stay
Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was hospitalized Tuesday after experiencing stomach pain before a team practice session in San Diego. He was released from the hospital Wednesday morning.
- Steve Keim: David Johnson NFL’s best receiving back
Cardinals GM Steve Keim says David Johnson is the best receiving back he’s ever seen. Chris Wesseling explains what makes the breakout candidate a transcendent NFL talent.
- Tyrann Mathieu moved off Cardinals’ PUP list
Tyrann Mathieu, the NFL’s best hybrid defensive back, is coming off the physically unable to perform list, the Arizona Cardinals announced on Tuesday. When will he return to practice?
- Cardinals TE getting on Arians’ (expletive) good side
A lasting takeaway from All or Nothing: A Season With The Arizona Cardinals: Bruce Arians is not a man to mess with.Second-year tight end Troy Niklas said he was praised for his improvement.
- Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald sign 1-year extensions
A team that has used dollars to show faith in its young, budding stars is also taking care of its veterans. Arizona has extended Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald.
- Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals agree to 5-year extension
Tyrann Mathieu is staying in the desert. The Honey Badger has developed into one of the most feared and flexible defensive backs in the game and a leading voice in Arizona’s locker room.